- Certegy Payment Solutions LLC added a white label version of its âbuy now, pay laterâ service that allows merchants to add their own branded BNPL option.
- Buy now, pay later Specialist Quadpay Inc. said its first âQuadpay Festâ sale, which offered offers to users over a four-day period, saw 40% of the average purchases made by new Quadpay users.
- Cubic Corp. said its Cubic Transportation Systems unit and the Metropolitan Transportation Commission in San Francisco have started paying mobile fares on Android phones with near-field communication capability. Payments can be made through Google Pay or the new Clipper app for Android.
- MoneyGram International Inc. said MoneyGram Online usage increased 95% year-over-year in cross-border transactions in April. Actual figures have not been released.
- FinTech Mogo Inc. said its wholly-owned payment platform Carta Worldwide has received Visa Ready certification through Visa Inc.’s Visa Ready for Fintech Enablers program.
- Phixius, a trusted exchange platform from Nacha, the governing body of the automated clearinghouse, said it has hosted three participants so far in 2021.
- Blackhawk Network Holdings Inc. appointed Cory Gaines to the position of product manager. Most recently, Gaines was Director of Products at Lively Inc., a provider of health savings accounts.
- Authentication service provider Socure appointed Eric Woodward as senior advisor to its CEO, Johnny Ayers. Woodward has over 25 years of experience in financial services technology, most notably as Chairman of Early Warning Services LLC, Zelle’s parent company.
- Blockchain payments specialist Circle Internet Financial Inc. appointed Mandeep Walia responsible for compliance and risks. Walia comes to Circle after leaving Facebook Inc., where he was head of compliance and responsible for enterprise risk management for the company’s Novi unit.
As consumers flock to online stores and marketplaces, processors and technology providers are carving outâ¦