STATE OF VERMONT SUPERIOR CIVIL COURT ORANGE DIVISION UNIT DOCKET # 20-CV-00542 NEWREZ LLC D / B / A SHELLPOINT MORTGAGE SERVICING Plaintiff c. SHAWN JOYAL, ADMINISTRATOR OF THE RUTH JOYAL ESTATE OCCUPANTS OF: Pleasant Street, Williamstown SUMMONS & Defendants PUBLICATION ORDER THIS MEETING IS ADDRESSED TO: Shawn Joyal, Administrator of the Ruth Joyal I Estate. YOU ARE CONTINUED. The plaintiff has taken legal action against you. A copy of the plaintiffs’ complaint against you is on file and can be obtained from the office of the clerk of that court, Orange Unit, Civil Division, Vermont Superior Court, 5 Court Street, Chelsea, VT 05038 Vermont. Do not throw this paper away. It is an official document that affects your rights. 2. APPLICANT’S CLAIM. The plaintiff’s claim is a foreclosure claim that alleges that you breached the terms of a promissory note and mortgage deed dated May 17, 2006. The plaintiff’s action may affect your interest in the property described in the Williamstown land registers at volume 129, page 602. The complaint also seeks redress on the promissory note signed by you. A copy of the complaint is on file and can be obtained at the office of the Clerk of the Superior Court of Orange County, State of Vermont. 3. YOU MUST RESPOND WITHIN 41 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail the requester a written response called a response within 41 days of the date this summons was first posted, which is February 11, 2022, you must send a copy of your response to the requester or to the plaintiff’s lawyer, Loraine L. Hite, Esq. of Bendett and McHugh, PC, located at 270 Farmington Avenue, Ste. 151, Farmington, CT 06032. You must also deliver or mail your response to the court located at 5 Court Street, Chelsea, VT 05038. 4. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The response is your written response to the claimant’s complaint. In your response, you must indicate whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the complaint. If you think that the requester should not receive everything that is requested in the complaint, you should say so in your response. 5. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR PROCEDURE IF YOU DO NOT GIVE YOUR WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COURT. If you don’t respond within 41 days of the date this summons was first posted and file it with the court, you’ll lose this case. You will not be given a chance to tell your side of the story, and the court can decide against you and grant the plaintiff whatever is requested in the complaint. 6. YOU MUST MAKE ANY CLAIMS AGAINST THE CLAIMANT IN YOUR RESPONSE. Your response should state any related legal claim you have against the claimant. Your claims against the plaintiff are called counterclaims. If you don’t make your counterclaims in writing in your response, you may not be able to raise them at all. Even if you have insurance and the insurance company will defend you, you should still file any counterclaims you may have. 7. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may want to get legal help from a lawyer. If you cannot afford a lawyer, you should ask the court clerk for information on where you can get free legal help. Even if you can’t get legal help, you still need to give the court a written response to protect your rights or you risk losing the case. ORDER The affidavit duly filed in this action shows that service cannot be effected with due diligence by one of the methods provided for in rules 4 (d) –