SUNNYVALE, Calif .– (COMMERCIAL THREAD) – Rambus Inc. (NASDAQ: RMBS) today announced the launch of its payment account tokenization solution to secure account-based transactions, such as Automated Clearing House (ACH) and Payments in real time. The solution will enable central banks and clearing houses to replace sensitive account numbers with unique tokens and reduce the impact of fraud on transactions including direct credit, direct debit and person-to-person payments (P2P).
Reduce account fraud through tokenization
Payment account tokenization secures card payments by replacing valuable account credentials with a crypto token. This process dramatically reduces the risk and impact of account-based fraud as the foundation for a safe and secure instant payments framework. When implemented by a centralized body, such as a central bank, payment account tokenization reduces fraud and enables key use cases such as P2P, direct credit, and real-time push payments.
“Tokenization has already proven itself to secure mobile payments around the world. Our payment account tokenization does the same for real-time payments, allowing account-based transactions to be processed faster and more securely than ever before, ”said Bret Sewell, SVP and General Manager. Rambus Security.
451, Jordan McKee, Senior Research Analyst, notes, “Digital has paved the way for quick and easy payment experiences, leading to an increase in account-based transactions. Scammers have taken note of this trend and are increasingly focusing on account credentials given their increasing payout on many sites including eCommerce websites, mobile and P2P wallets, invoices and payroll. To protect customers and thwart fraudulent attacks, organizations must implement security tactics that serve to eliminate the use of sensitive credentials in the transaction flow.
Account data management, faster and more secure
The introduction of real-time payments increases the risk for financial institutions, as they now have seconds instead of days to identify fraudulent transactions. By completely removing account numbers from the transaction process, tokenization can dramatically reduce the risk and impact of account-based fraud and create secure, real-time payment frameworks.
Main features of tokenization of Rambus payment accounts
The payment account tokenization solution includes a number of core features, including:
- Account Based Tokenization Eliminates the need to store and transmit sensitive account information, reducing the risk of stolen credentials being used to commit transactional fraud. The system integrates with the existing infrastructure and tokens are routed normally through the payment network.
- Life cycle management allows banks to link, suspend, (re) activate or unlink tokenized bank account numbers.
- Domain controls Limit the use of tokens to a specific channel, merchant, or spending limit by applying a set of settings. Any use of the intercepted token outside of its defined parameters would immediately be flagged as fraudulent and render the token useless.
- Cryptogram protection generates application cryptograms prior to a payment and validates them during a transaction. A cryptogram is a fingerprint of the transaction, containing elements of the sender, recipient, financial institution and the transaction.
- A token chest is a secure repository, or database, that establishes and maintains the mapping of the payment token to the send / receive account number. The token vault is the only area where the token can be mapped to the consumer’s original card details. All token safes meet Payment Card Industry (PCI) specifications.
For more information on the Rambus payment account tokenization solution, visit rambus.com/security/payments/payment-account-tokenization/.
Company website: rambus.com
Rambus blog: rambus.com/blog
About the Rambus Security Division
Rambus Security is committed to providing a secure foundation for a connected world. Our innovative solutions cover areas such as tamper resistance, network security, mobile payment, smart ticketing and trusted transaction services. Rambus’ core technologies protect nearly nine billion licensed products each year, providing secure access to data and creating an economy of digital trust between our customers and their customers. Additional information is available at rambus.com/security.
About Rambus inc.
Dedicated to making data faster and more secure, Rambus creates innovative hardware, software and services that drive technological advancements from the data center to the mobile edge. Our architecture licenses, IP cores, chips, software and services cover memory and interfaces, security and emerging technologies to positively impact the modern world. We work with industry, partnering with leading chip and system designers, foundries and service providers. Embedded in tens of billions of devices and systems, our products power and secure a variety of applications, including big data, Internet of Things (IoT) security, mobile payments, and smart ticketing. For more information, visit rambus.com.
Source: Rambus inc.